Dog First Aid Course – Earls Barton
November 17, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£49.50
Dog First Aid Ltd is a unique UK course teaching canine first aid designed for people working with dogs, dog owners and dog lovers alike!
The Dog First Aid course is the ONLY qualified UK course to offer the Continued Professional Development (CPD) accredited hours (3 hours towards CPD).
What will you learn;
– How to examine a dog correctly and safely
– Scene assessment – keeping yourself safe whilst helping the dog
– What a Dog First Aiders Role is – what you can and can’t do
– Canine CPR – NOT the same as with a human!
– How to act if a dog starts choking
– Dog Fights – how do you split up two dogs wanting to kill each other??
– Different Types of Bleeds and what to do
– Drowning Dogs – when can they drown and how to react
– Which burns to treat and how
– Heat stroke – a killer
– Road Traffic Accidents
– Eye Injuries…. and much more!
We believe that all those who work with dogs should hold a current valid Dog First Aid certificate and that all dogs and humans are individuals and should be treated as such, with honesty, respect and understanding.
To sign up for the course, or purchase a place as a gift please enter details below and click ‘Buy Now’
This course promotes animal welfare in full compliance with the Animal Welfare Act 2006. In particular the recognition of the following animal needs:
(a) its need for a suitable environment,
(b) its need for a suitable diet,
(c) its need to be able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns,
(d) any need it has to be housed with, or apart from, other animals,
(e) its need to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease.